by Stavros Korokithakis
Well hello. I see you want to access IMDB programatically. Well, this is your chance.
This service is updated every day from the
IMDB data files and you
can access it with the ?name= URL parameter. For example,
this is the episode list (in JSON) for
How I Met Your Mother.
This service only supports shows, it does not have any movies.
- Use the "name" GET parameter followed by the urlencoded show name. If there
are multiple shows with the same name, you can pass the "year" parameter as well
to select a year. The script can now return JSONP, you can pass the "callback"
value of the callback parameter (example).
- The URL /js/ returns data as text/html and /json/ returns data as application/json.
Both use exactly the same parameters.
- You can use wildcards by using the percent sign, for example
"how i met % mother" will work.
- If there are multiple show names, you will get a list of the 15 first
that match your string (example).
- If the show was not found, you will get "null".
- The source code for this service is
available on GitHub.
- I have also written a script that will rename your show's video files using
this and other services, you can find it here:
- If you need to contact me, my email is can be found on my site.
- My site is stavros.io.